In association with uMhlanga UIP, Granada Square have donated R5000 towards cleaning up the environment and, in specific, making uMhlanga a cleaner place for all.
With the donation, uMhlanga UIP have committed to actively rolling out 5 projects all focused on cleaning and greening. As with many projects it is difficult to action work without compensation, therefore a large majority of the funds will be used to pay for the staff needed to get the work done. The funds will also be allocated to equipment such as bags / gloves / plants etc, all of which are needed for a successful clean-up.
The following dates and times are scheduled to complete the projects. Save the date if you are wanting to get involved as a volunteer.
- Wednesday, 21st March – The uMhlanga promenade Dune rehab from 09h30 – 11h30.
- Thursday, 22nd and Friday, 23rd March – Alien vegetation removal on the uMhlanga promenade
from 09h30 to 15h00.
- Saturday, 24th March – uMhlanga Lagoon area clean-up from 09h30 – 12h30
- Sunday, 25th March – uMhlanga Lagoon Nature trail clean-up from 09h30 – 12h30
- Tuesday, 27th March – The uMhlanga promenade gum cleaning from 09h30 – 12h30.
For more information for those wanting to be volunteers, contact Dewet Geldenhuys (uMhlanga Rocks precinct manager) by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. The meeting point is the uMhlanga UIP security office – next to the clinic on the Village green (cnr Lagoon Drive and Lighthouse Rd).